Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bottle Canning Beef

I have been bottle canning beef. It is very easy to do. It saves me time and money when I am in a hurry. I can use the beef when at home or when we are camping.
Meat balls cook down much more than roast
.
I thought the Round Roast worked best. You can bottle meat with the bones but the bones become rubbery. The meat balls shrunk down quite a bit.
Be sure not to over stuff your bottles leave an inch space for expansion in the neck of the bottle. I failed to do this and lost a bottle and a roast in the process.
Here is the link to the instruction for bottle canning chicken

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have done chicken, but not Beef.
It's amazing how much time this kind of do ahead canning can save you. :o)

Jill Cook said...

Post more details about canning beef. I would like to try. I loved the chicken I did last year! Thanks.

Wendy Lojik said...

If you like the chicken you will love the beef. I used some to make a quick sheppards pie for sunday dinner. it's so fast to open a jar and have the meat ready to go.