Thursday, April 02, 2009

Denali Award and Wood Badge Beads


Jaden was awarded the Denali Pin for leadership and advancement in the Varsity Scouts.

Roman was awarded with numerous merit badges..(remember we are in merit badge boot camp here at my house)

Tabatha and I went to wood badge camp last year with no idea as to what we would be doing. I knew very little about scouts..The merit badge book, blue cards, and work sheets were way out of my experience. Lucky for me I had a friend that explained the basics to me with the items in a way I could grasp the concept and not be over whelmed. Wood badge was hard for me because I had only limited cell access at night time. I had no close friends or relatives there and I was totally out of my element. The good thing was because it was a training camp. I learned more about basic leadership skills. Team and planning processes and the scouting program.

No other program teaches my boys to respect and honor their religion and the religion of others, the country and our freedoms, the importance of diversity and how to learn to be leaders now and in the future. Nothing in sports, music or any other program reaches all of the goals of scouting..Remember I was a scouting mermerer...I didn't get what was so great about scouting..I now know..Because I have boys that will grow up to be men..That I hope will have boys and will teach them..I support scouting

After Camp we had 18 months to complete 5 written goals we had set and then report back..I set my goals with an obtainable date of 9 months. I wanted to be able to stay focused and to work hard. I stayed on track and did it!

With the help and support of my family and friends I did it!

My woodbadge family
Alan, Paul, Bruce and missing in this photo but there was my troop guide Peter
Bruce and Valane could not make it.
Go Antelopes!

No comments: