Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Laundy Room


This is my current laundry area..It sits on the middle flood in the house. Problem #1 NO bedrooms on this level. #2 On either side is a door to either the driveway or the garage. It's embarrassing! I have 7 children. We do a lot of laundry. When I bought the house 4 years ago I knew the laundry area would need to move upstairs with most of the bedrooms. I drag the laundry down and back up the stairs everyday.


There is a closet upstairs that is just big enough to fit a stackable set. I have measured it and planned it for years. Then I plan to put a nice mud room with coat hooks, bench and shelves for storage where the current laundry room exists.

At Christmas time my kids asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told them the washer and dryer moved up stairs. Roman said rather matter of factually "Mom Santa doesn't do home improvements" But He informed me "you could ask for this at your birthday." So TAHDAH It's my birthday in a few weeks and in light of the fact we are trying to not procrastinate as much. My hubby and his handy friend Koy started construction yesterday.

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

how exciting! and i love that a new laundry room can actually be exciting. lol! i have always wanted a mudroom too. our laundry room has the kitchen pantry in it too ... otherwise, it'd be perfect for a mudroom!