Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Sights Sounds and Smells


Yesterday didn't start out busy. I was just minding my business organizing with my new methods and tools I learned at the house of order class.
All of the sudden I could hear sirens. Since we live out in the middle of no where, it's a big deal when we hear sirens. The emergency vehicles stopped right in front of our drive way. Someone was on the ground and cars were stopped and people were gathering to find out what was going on. As I walked toward the chaos someone called to me and asked if I was Wendy. I said "yes who is it?"
I didn't know the person asking my name and she didn't know who was on the ground. When I got to the seen I could tell it was a woman but, I couldn't recognize the face or the clothes. I looked around for a familiar face. Finally I saw my cub scout partner Marie. She grabbed me and said "Wendy my mom has been in an accident. Can you take care of my boys?" I said "sure" I looked at my husband and another neighbor and said ''you two are in charge of helping Marie" and then rushed back to my house with her 5 year old. I sat him down gave him a drink and a snack and turned on a video. He was calm and happy and talked very little about grandma and blood. When his brothers got home from school they came over and played with the boys. Marie called to keep me updated the doctors said her mom will be fine.
The boys left around 8pm. I headed to my little sisters Sentsy party and had a fun time smelling candles and visiting with my family.

1 comment:

Jill Cook said...

What an eventful afternoon. Jake came home from school and asked if I had seen the accident down the street. I looked out the window and saw all the emergency vehicles and then life flight. Wow. I hope Marie's mom is OK. I bet you were a great help to Marie.

Jill