So I have been looking at my ring and hoping that the diamond would stay in the bent yet functional prongs. The ring is bent and distorted from 25 years of constant wear. I finally took it into the jewelers today and ask how much to have it reshaped and the prongs corrected. The jeweler snidely looked at it and said "Do you want to repair it or just get a new one?" I said "I have had it 25 years I would like it repaired."
I know he has seen much better workmanship bigger diamonds but it's mine and it reminds me a commitment and partnership with my life long and eternal partner. I don't care who else sees value in it. It is priceless to me!
1 comment:
That is a great post, I need to find my ring. I had a loose prong and didn't want the diamond to fall out. I guess I should fix it. It is still round...;)
Post a Comment