Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cupcakes


I had the assignment to decorate 150 cupcakes. I looked all over for an ideas. I finally decided on vanilla and Chocolate in Valentine's Day colors with sugar sprinkles and white, pink and dark chocolate drizzles. They were beautiful and delicious.




Thanks to my mom for getting me the recipes: Perfect Cupcake Frosting

6Tb flour 1 Cup Real Butter 1 Cup Canned milk (not sweetened condensed)

4 Cups Powdered Sugar 1 tsp vanilla (or add other flavor you with)

Combine butter, vanilla the Slowly add powdered sugar alternating with milk. Whip until light and fluffy. Frost aprox 24 cupcakes. Keep in an airtight bag or container until ready to frost and serve. Use a large tip and frosting bag (I just a freezer Ziploc bag I have cut a 1/4" corner off of)

Sprinkle or drizzle with crushed cookies, colored sprinkles or melted chocolate.

Chocolate Whopper Frosting

1 Cups butter, softened 1/2 tsp salt 4 Cups powdered sugar

2 tsp vanilla 1 1/3 Cup Can Canned milk

(You can use real cream but I think this ads more flavor weird but true)

2/3 Cup Ovaltine (chocolate flavored)

combine Ovaltine and milk in a small bowl and set aside to let dissolve. Cream butter, add cocoa and salt. Slowly add powdered sugar, alternating with milk and Ovaltine mixture. Mix really well until light and fluffy frosts approx 24 cupcakes.

Cream Filling

1 1/2 C Flour 1 C Sugar 1 tps baking soda 1/4 C cocoa 1/2 tsp salt 1 C water 1/3 C oil

1 Tbl vinegar 1 tsp vanilla Filling Ing 8oz soft cream cheese 1 egg 1/3 sugar 1/8 salt 16 oz

chocolate chips


Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Ad water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Mix well

In seprate bowl combine filling ing . Fill paper lined cup cake cups half full with batter. Top with table spoon of filling. Then bake at 350 for 20-25 min.

1 comment:

swoody said...

strait from Martha Stewart! And the picture of your family is ADORABLE!