Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Road Trip to Visit Lucille




Lucille was our favorite neighbor in Elmo. She went to Idaho to visit her son and fell and broke her leg last April. She has been stuck in the hospital since. I call her and check on her but I really wanted to see her. So Sham and I took off and drove 4 hours to see her for a couple hours and then drove 4 hours back. It was so good to see her. She is one of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of meeting. Lucille was the kind of neighbor that had her door open all day everyday long. She had treats for every kid that entered her home. She taught children at church and substitute taught at the schools. She made wedding cakes and baby blessing outfits or hand crochet blankets for everyone. She loved to craft and visit. She always had time for people. I want to be just like her when I am 78:) I hope her leg gets better soon so she can get back to her home.

No comments: