Sunday, December 07, 2008

Scrapbook Lunch

So this weekend didn't stop with Friday night Family Christmas Party oh no..
We started Round 2 at 7am Saturday.. I drove one child to a basket ball game. Meet the in-laws for Breakfast at Mimi's Restaurant (my personal favorite breakfast place)
Then walked next door (seriously next door) to Chili's for early lunch with old and new friends in the scrapbook world. I have known Laura since some of my first events with Paperkuts magazine. One of the most traumatic times in my career was when a manufacture didn't send product until a day before the show so we had to kit in the hotel room. In walks Laura the night before the show ready to teach and helped us put the final pieces in the kits. She has always been a great designer and sport! She even taught for me again a year later. She is one of my favorite designers. She and Daneen won a trip to CK.
I passed her during her tour a few times but had lots to do.. I was in the process of shipping out the PC Gourmet cookbooks to the contributing designers. (It's a beautiful book) I am so glad I got to sit by Daneen and her cousin Jenn and her friend Judi. I had a wonderful time getting to know them all and I am really excited to attend the Rec Center Crops..I have always wanted to go to them and Jenn and Judi organize them... After lunch we went to Quickuts and American Crafts warehouse sale and then finally said goodbye..I am so lucky to be able to meet such wonderful ladies from all over the country and share friendship and love of a hobby that celebrates our families and our lives.....

3 comments:

Jill Cook said...

Sounds like you have been very busy!

Deneen said...

Wendy it was so very nice getting to know you. It was such a fun experience visiting CK. Next time I am in town I will have to take you up on the personal tour guide thingy LOL.

laura vegas said...

ahhh, you're too sweet wendy! i appreciate your nice comments! and it was so much fun to see you again! i have very fond memories of the first time i met you ... i loved that weekend!