
I have been working on organizing and taking inventory in our food storage. We have really eaten a lot of our food down in the past few years. We keep food storage for many reasons. Some of them are the fact that it is more cost efficient with gas prices the way they are to go to the store less. Another is buying in bulk is cost effective and it is convenient to have items available when you have unexpected cost or bills that take from the family budget. Other long term reasons may include loss of job or some sort of natural disaster. I like knowing that I do not have to panic for food water or supplies.
So I now have a list of all the items I have and then I keep a list with me in the planner so I can restock with items that I see on sale. An example of amounts I need for a family of 6 (which is what I feed most of the time because the two big girls are never home)
2 comments:
Chris made me one of those quilt frames years ago and they are wonderful. Congrats!
Way to go for having food storage! It will be a great blessing when the economy completely collapses, it will be more important than money!
Post a Comment