Monday, June 16, 2008

So far this summer


My lovely new trees died in the unusually cold long winter. Missed spring around here and it is rolling into summer nicely. My sweet husband was nice enough to dig the trees back up for me. I worked so hard to plant them myself. I just couldn't bare to dig them back up.
OH Well that is the joys of gardening.
One of my good friends and neighbors lost their son last week. I first got to know the Rudy's by hearing about their son's need for help with his leukemia. I worked on organizing and gathering fund raising to help for his medical bills and family expenses. I also worked with them to gather bone marrow donors. After a year of being declared clean and free his leukemia came back and took him in just a few short days. I didn't even meet him but, I love his parents and his cute little boys and I morn with his family.
Went to a wedding and met up with an old friend I haven't seen for 20 years. She has moved to Idaho to train mules for racing. She was a shining light when I was first married. She would pull up in her old VW bug with her baby Tammy all safely secured in her new car seat tied to the seat for safety (no seat belts were installed in that old model) and take me to high school (mothers high) I don't know if I would have kept going if she hadn't insisted and consistently shown up to say lets go. I owe her a debt of gratitude. Thanks Penny

No comments: