Monday, April 07, 2008

And She Painted......

Twice a year we have a two day two hour two times a day conference where we listen to the leaders of the LDS church. We in Utah enjoy this from the comfort of our own homes or cars. I have a habit of painting while I listen. I have ADD it's very hard for me to sit and listen so I paint or clean or work on projects in my house that have been neglected or just bugging me for a while. My children do better at sitting because the alternative is working with me.
The little ones get to take a few breaks to run around and get out he wiggles and they enjoy a game called conference bingo where they place m&m's or what ever candy I have on the boxes when the speaker mentions the subject on that bingo square such as prayer. This is a great way to keep them interested.

I however go from room to room frantically trying to finish and keep going. I know that when it's over I will be back to the normal responsibilities of life and that I will be sick of home improvements for a while. Jaden's room turned out quite well.
The entry however is a huge pain! I painted it two years because I wasn't happy with the giant white space. I had to buy a huge 20ft. extension roller pole just to paint it. It was a little crazy I admit, but I love the color of the paint. I have not been able to find a latter tall enough or the time to finish the paint trim and I also want to try to put up a curtain, obviously the height is a problem with that also.



So I Paint.....



And Paint........


I seriously have no white walls left in my house.
I have very few white doors because I have painted them black. (Wasn't there a song about seeing a white door and wanting to paint it black????)

1 comment:

Alex said...

Ohhh i love the color in your foyer... similar to the color in my foyer!