
A few weeks ago while herding the boys to bed on a Sunday night I heard a sound that made me freeze in my tracks, a Bam Bam Crash. Now I had just send my youngest had just yelled something to his big brother in a loud rude tone. I ran back to the entrance hall where I found laying helplessly on the floor the remains of a new and beloved Ninetendo DS Lite. I was so stunned I couldn't speak English. I sputtered I shook and then I just stammered get to bed now. As they ran in fear and distress. They love their games more than life it's self. It was a Christmas present out of necessity really. The older boys all had one. The youngest would beg barrow and steal to get his hands on one. I had flash backs of the year before when just six weeks after Christmas a shiny new Ninetendo DS Lite went for a ride through the entire wash, rinse and spin cycle with the dirty laundry that returned from the over night winter camp out. It never worked again. I kept it in a drawer in the kitchen until November where I would pull it out and look at it willing it back to life. Begging it to please work again. It never did and finally I gave it up and placed it to it's shallow grave in the big garbage can in the sky. Anyway in desperation I looked up the Nintendo website and called customer service who kindly explained that with a few of less than half the replacement cost they would repair our new friend. So I signed up for that program and shipped it off. We will let you know when it returns home.
On side note, the whole thing was a mistake. The little one didn't throw the game boy it fell out of his hands when he tripped at the top of the stairs, flew between the bars and bounced twice and crashed. He was so sad about it when I woke him the next morning. He said I am so sorry mommy for breaking my Ninetendo it was an accident. How can you not be moved by the sleepy sweet pleading of a child?
No comments:
Post a Comment