Sunday, January 06, 2008

Weight Watchers Here I COME

So I have been watching my incredible shrinking friend for the past few months(Shaunte). She makes loosing weight/getting into better shape look easy and doable. I had a major gastric bypass 15 years ago and lost 100 pounds. I had been heavy for 7 years and I kept hearing about this fantastic surgery. I first thought that it was crazy and extreme. I also thought what a lazy way to loose weight however after meeting person after person I finally felt like this was the best option for me. I lost the weight quickly and didn't feel well for a long time but, eventually I felt like I had come out of a shell and that I was in a way reborn. It was one of the biggest life changing moments I have had. I would still do it again if I had to do it over. I believe my quality of life was changed. I felt better about myself and I was a better person for it. Eventually one negative effect which is not proven but, I believe to be a fact was I developed osteoporosis by 35 I learned this after 3 years in a row with 3 severe breaks. My spirit, my health and my body was in chaos. I think the worse part was that when you break a leg (and I broke 2) that you lay around and live on pain medicine and even when you finally can walk it is with a bit of a limp and your body never quite feels the same. Anyway it has been 2 years since the last break. I need to shape up. I am no where near where I use to be but, I have some BAD habits and I need direction.
I called Saturday found out that I have half and hour to get to town. I ran in scared, embarrassed, worried. Thankfully Shaunte meet me there and went in with me. I don't know why I was shaking and sick inside. I didn't want to tell any one I was doing this because I didn't want to have to talk about it or have people watch me and tell me that I shouldn't be doing or eating something. I also feel stupid exercising in front of anyone. I just am going to have to bite the bullet and ignore the feelings of self consciousness and enjoy my experience. I CAN DO THIS

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy, I don't know ifyou remember me or not but this is Kim from Getaway.

First off you made the first step. I too started my journeyof weight loss last week. You are blessed to have a great friend in Shaunte and I know you can do it. You just have to believe in yourself. Don't feel uncomfortable, remember you are doing this for you!

Best of luck to you, I know you can do it!

Unknown said...

YES!
You can do this.
You will do this.
And in Getaway in October, we will have matching string bikinis.
And we will buy those cool sunglasses in WINGS.

Alex said...

Wendy you CAN do this! Yay!! Good for you :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck Wendy!
Helen

laura vegas said...

good for you wendy! i'm amazed at how shaunte has done! i'm so self-concious ... which is why i have never set foot in a gym. lol! or maybe that's due to my laziness! lol! best of luck!