
When I was a kid I would grab an old inner tube and find the nearest hill and play for hours. My children would rather watch tv and play video games. So I decided to take the time to show them how much fun playing in the snow can really be. It was a good time pulling the kids on the sleigh. Sometimes they would fall off and no one would notice for a little while as they lay completely still and waited for rescue. I am in no way an expert in the art of driving ATV and of course we have just dealt with the injury's obtained on Hartley's last ATV experience. But I made it through with out injury to myself or anyone else. The kids were freezing within a few minutes mainly because they don't know how to really bundle up. This art is acquired through the trial and error and freeze yourself to death and never forget method. I explained to them some very effective tricks of the trade such as the why we use scarfs and warm water proof gloves, and the importance of snow pants. They were cold and ready to come inside with in a few minutes but, I think they had a great time and I hope we can make the time to do things together more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment