Thursday, December 20, 2007

Begining to look a lot like Christmas




So the Weather is perfect. I can't remember how long it has been since we have had such a white Christmas. Shopping is done except the big family exchange where the older siblings pal up with the little ones and shop for the person they drew names out of a bowl. It's a genius plan that includes Dad footing the whole bill. He is too generous! So that in addition to the million family and church parties is what we do for a run around crazy good time days before Christmas.
Almost finished with the friends and neighbor gifts I am making them cute personalized soap dispensers. That take a little bit of time and because I just wanted to try a few things took a bit more time. I thought if I used laser jet transparency's with my ink jet printer and then embossed the letters that it would work and on some projects it is effective but, I needed a clean font and the embossing powder somewhat mutes the letters. Then I tried the ink jet transparency's with the ink jet printer and that looked like it would work for a moment and then slowly the ink started to mutate and melt off the transparency. So I took the laser transparency to the copy shop with my printed text on printer paper and for 4 cents a copy had them copy and voila! Color safe print which when submersed in soap doesn't run or mutate. Made the tags cut the ribbon and now all I need to do is deliver them. I could have saved a lot of time if I had just listened to the voice of reason. (yes Shaunte you were right) Always remember I am my children's mother! I have to figure things out through trial and error. Isn't it always in the process in life that we learn best?

No comments: